The Resource Elijah of Buxton
- Elijah of Buxton
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Paul Curtis
- Blacks -- Canada -- Fiction
- Slavery -- Juvenile fiction
- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- Canada -- Fiction
- North Buxton (Ont.) -- Fiction
- North Buxton (Ont.) -- Juvenile fiction
- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- Liberty -- Juvenile fiction
- Slavery -- Fiction
- Coretta Scott King winner, 2008
- Blacks -- Canada -- Juvenile fiction
- Freedom -- Fiction
- In 1859, eleven-year-old Elijah Freeman, the first free-born child in Buxton, Canada, which is a haven for slaves fleeing the American south, uses his wits and skills to try to bring to justice the lying preacher who has stolen money that was to be used to buy a family's freedom
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2008
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2007
- Canadian Library Association Book of the Year Award for Children, 2008.
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2008.
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction, 2008.
- Great Lakes Book Awards, Children's category, 2008.
- Parents' Choice Award for Fiction, 2007.
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award, 2008.
- TD Canadian Children's Literature Award, 2008.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Awards note
- A Junior Library Guild selection
- Newbery Honor Book, 2008.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- El 2007
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Target audience
ContextContext of Elijah of Buxton
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Elijah of Buxton
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.houstonlibrary.org/resource/mUziBAsvP8Y/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.houstonlibrary.org/resource/mUziBAsvP8Y/">Elijah of Buxton</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.houstonlibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.houstonlibrary.org/">Houston Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Houston Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...